Holidays can be thrilling, especially when they are well-planned. With so many holiday destinations across the globe, you will find a place to achieve your holiday goals or to experience the things you have always yearned to do while on a vacation. Horse riding on a beautiful coastal setting dotted with palm trees and turquoise waters can be the most rewarding. However, to enjoy such an experience, you will need to carefully select your destination and get it right with all the efforts you put into the horse riding holiday.
• When preparing for horse riding, ensure that you take the necessary gear for the experience. The right outfit and shoes, a camera and a hat will all make it all pleasant for you. Most of the tour companies will provide other equipment needed for the ride, but it helps to know what to carry with you.
• Take the time to select your horse, especially if you want to handle your own riding. A cooperative horse and one you can get along easily is what you need to complete the experience. It can be very hard to control an agitated or wild horse so be sure that you can handle the horse you are choosing without help.
• Get a few lessons before the ride. In most settings, the professional guides will start by assessing your riding experience. This way they will offer some additional briefing on how to control the horse. Remember that apart from enjoying the ride you will also be taking the time to explore and enjoy the beautiful settings. Hence, you can’t have the horse running all through. Knowing the basic controls is paramount in achieving a successful experience.
• Consider a guide’s company if you are not too sure of your riding or the riding trails. The benefit of having a guide is that he will guide you to all the hidden treasures on the ride and give you details of the features you come across during the tour.
• Make the riding tour more adventurous by engaging in races with loved ones. This should only be done when those taking part in the race have what it takes to control and handle the horse to avoid any accidents. All necessary safety gears should also be in place for simple races. It helps to find out if your tour company or service provider allows such races before deciding that you can have a run together.
• Choose a reasonable length for the rides. Half-day horse riding tours or tours taking only a few hours are most reasonable. The areas you wish to explore on horseback however can determine how long you take on the rides. Remember to consider your own refreshment needs as well as that of the horse, especially if you know that you will be taking a little longer on the tour. The horse will need some time to relax too under demanding time frames so be considerate.